The support of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) for the development of the Four Universities as a Center of Excellence for National Competitiveness is effective from May 19, 2016. Through this program, Universitas Negeri Malang (UM) intends to develop UM as the Center for Learning Innovation. There are several programs planned in this project.
Firstly, UM will develop Life Based Curriculum for our Bachelor program.
Secondly, UM will improve the quality of its Human Resources (HR), which includes doctoral studies abroad, training activities at international and national levels for lecturers and staffs.
Thirdly, UM will increase the number of research and scientific publications through research grants.
Fourthly, UM will conduct research collaboration with the three universities in 4in1 Project.
Fifthly, UM will increase the capacity and quality of its buildings along with the equipment and the accompanying furniture. The planned building complex consists of two 9-storey buildings which will function as a learning center building.
In general, through this project, UM will build two integrated learning center towers located inside the UM campus area at Jl. Semarang, Malang. In the site of nearly 40,000 msq, the project will have the following:
- 13 Laboratories (advance materials, analytical chemistry, biology, biotechnology, computational laboratory, civil engineering, power and energy system, mechanical engineering, testing center, foreign language self-access center, geography, educational television studio)
- Lecture halls
- Student common spaces
- Services rooms
Enclosed by these two towers, the project will also build supporting infrastructures and landscape arrangement, in which an educational amphitheater will be built. The supporting infrastructure, which is funded by GOI, includes electrical power sub-stations, pedestrian ways, waste water treatment, and storm water drainage.
UM will improve the quality of its Human Resources (HR), which includes doctoral studies abroad, training activities at international and national levels for lecturers and staffs.
Research grant and research consortium
Research activities in UM are designated to support the establishment of UM as the Center of Excellence for Learning Innovation. Based on the research roadmap, the topics have been determined to strengthen the concept of Life-based Learning as the core of learning innovation in UM.
Curriculum development in UM will use the outcomes of research grants and research consortium as the basis. The life-based learning curriculum will enrich the existing national qualification framework-based curriculum.
- GKB UM Progress Video 24 Desember 2019 December 24, 2019
- IsDB 4-in-1 Project Universitas Negeri Malang (UM) Gedung Kuliah Bersama (GKB) Soft Opening by Minister of Research, Technology and Higher Education September 4, 2019
- International Conference on Learning Innovation 2017 October 9, 2017
- DEBRIEFING OF 20 UM LECTURERS-PHD SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS FROM PIU IDB UM DEGREE TRAINING PROGRAM September 13, 2017
- Islamic Development Bank 4 in 1 Project Start-Up Workshop in State University of Malang August 28, 2017